||Family||Friendship||Funny||Love||Life||Sad||Teen||Top||

Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Simple Thank-You, My Friend

This was written to thank a friend on a forum of Passions in Poetry for listening, supporting me, cheering me up, and basically, just being there for me during a very trying time in my life. I wanted to do something special to thank him, and, since we're both poets, I thought a poem would be a good way to say, "Thank-you."


A Simple Thank-You, My Friend
by warmhrt

Into the dim lit, bare walls of my world,
You entered, bringing light and life to me,
The vivid colors, painted with a swirl
Of wit and charm, of personality,
With tender care, you added comfort, warmth,
And images that line the now bright walls.
I look upon them fondly, bringing forth
A thankfulness that you walk in these halls
With me; our friendship has become a part
Of my world now; it has its special place,
Within my being, life, and in my heart,
Your name hangs right beside your smiling face.
Rememb'ring just how drab these walls had been,
I have to thank you for the light, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment