||Family||Friendship||Funny||Love||Life||Sad||Teen||Top||

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Promise

When Becky and I got into a fight, I got very upset. It just happened that the next day I was going to a church camp over the weekend with some of the teens in my Sunday school class.

Here I met another friend, Katie, who was having a different problem. We both connected with each other that weekend. She completely understood what was happening between Becky and I, and I completely understood what was going on Between her and Charlie.

We're best friends now, and we haven't said our mutual promise out loud. We don't need to.


Promise
by Jessica Sills


As you sit in silence,
Wondering why
I'll be your shoulder to cry on
Until your tears run dry.

When you've been hurt,
And can't believe what they've done
If you need someone to talk to
I'll be the one.

If a close friend hurts you,
And you don't understand
Remember I'm here,
I'll lend a helping hand.

Burdens are lighter when carried by two,
And I just want you to know
I'm here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment