||Family||Friendship||Funny||Love||Life||Sad||Teen||Top||

Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Know I Can't Have You

This is a poem about a boy that I go to school with. I have had a crush on him for 3 years, and we have become really good friend. I am scared that if we move onto the next level of love we will loose our friendship - and that is a life-altering thing when you are 17 years old.


I Know I Can't Have You
by Princess


Everything was simple
Everything was fine
I knew I couldn't have you
And I knew why

I tried to move on
I dated other guys
But then we'd hang out
And I knew, to myself I lied.

You noticed me drifting
You said "please explain"
But, I didn't want to loose you
So, I tried to deal with the pain.

It's hard to be with you
It gets harder each day
When I look in your eyes
I feel my body floating away

I miss the way it used to be
You don't feel the change
You don't know I really love you
I'm sure to you, it's just a game

As I close my eyes tonight
I'll pray as I was taught to do
I'll pray that you realize that
I love you, but I can't have you

No comments:

Post a Comment